[uae] Re: E-UAE - Debian fullscreen troubles

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 23:14:51 +0300

On So, 06 Jul 2008, Arnljot Arntsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the debian E-UAE package. based on version E-UAE 0.8.29-WIP4
>
> My machine is an AMD Athlon running Ubuntu Hardy Heron, with a ATI (X1600)
> card using the propriatary drivers from ATI (catalyst 8.6).
>
> My problem:
> If I switch to fullscreen while the emulated amiga is booting (F12+s), I get
> a full nice fullscreen amiga, also in the P96 screen in AmiKit.
>
> However, if I F12+s to go back to Ubuntu or use F12+s after AmiKit has
> opened a P96 screen I get the following problem:
> - Fullscreen is not really fullscreen, it flicks fullscreen for a moment,
> but goes back to windowed (uae is faster than uae-sdl at this).
> - While EUAE thinks its fullscreened, mouse will not work and I will have to
>
> What debug info can I provide to make the debugging better?

I seem to recall something like this, dealing with amikit, trying to make it
work.  (As I installed it without Windows, using wine, and some bits were a bit
flaky... it was a bit of a chore.)

One thing I would suggest to begin debugging this is to go into the startup
sequence, and user-startup, and change all items that are being redirected away
from 'debug output' so they actually show debug output.  Ok, sure, you're going
to have some intuition warnings, but this may actually help more.

I, myself, found that the 'cat' loading screen was more hurtful than helpful in
this boot process.

As for the rest, you may want to look at your P96 settings and see what it is
determining to be your available screenmodes.  I have seen that start out very
goofy moving hardfiles between machines.

(oh, and another thing, if you can say HOW you installed amikit, it may help...
and I think the amikit author may be able to provide some insight too, he was
helpful when I was trying to get this working (not only on e-uae but also on my
morphos box.))