[uae] Re: E-UAE - Debian fullscreen troubles

  • From: Jason Rainforest <lem.jjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:31:54 +1000

I haven't been following this thread really, but as far as I can tell
someone's having trouble going full screen with an SDL version of E-UAE,
and having the app drop out of fullscreen constantly.

This happens when there's a compositing window manager present (such as
compiz), and an SDL app tries to go fullscreen. Happens with games like
Sauerbraten as well.

Try this (even from the Gnome desktop): metacity --replace
Then try fullscreen. Chances are it'll work.

To get compiz back, just run compiz --replace

... I don't know why this happens though, bug in SDL? Bug in compiz?

I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 AMD64 with Compiz. I run Metacity any time I
want to play fullscreen games.