[tunerpro] Re: Jetronic LE3 programming

  • From: Ronald Carlson <ronald.carlson.54@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tunerpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:17:04 -0700 (PDT)

Martin,

The Signetics chip number doesn't match the usual EPROM or PROM numbers, not
even close, looks like it may be waht is called a "house number", which is an
internal partnumber between the manufacturer and high volume customers.  Does
is have a transparent window on the top?  That would be the UV light earsure
window for clearing the data.  The second and third lines look like date codes
- 1st week of 1990, and 34th week of 1989.  Two date codes are unusual unless
it's a "one-time programmable" (no window), in which case the earlier date is
the manufacturing date and later date is the programming date which ties to the
data file they used.  Can you post a photo of the chip on the board?

Ron