[triadtechtalk] Re: move on boot

  • From: "Juanita Kimble" <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 18:24:08 -0600

  Juanita
  I use Mailwasher Pro and it stops a lot of spam.  It especially stops it from
coming into my Outlook Express
because I can delete it from Mailwasher before it even gets to OE. However, I
have it set up so that lots of
spam doesnt even get as far as showing up on my Mailwasher screen now.
Depending on my settings, I can either
view the spam or or not bother, which of course I would prefer not to. Also, as
new stuff comes in, I can
report it (with the ease of a tick box) directly to Mailwasher who then adds it
to its base for following up
and deleting in the normal course. I cant understand why you say it doesnt help
at all. I find it very helpful
and the support is excellent.
  Sandy :)

  So do you get more options with the paid version. I tryed to pay but you have
to use pay pal. I just hate to
put all the info they want to get an account. I have already had to have one
credit card cancelled becausing
of using it on the web. I cancelled it and got one for a small amount of $. One
that they can't keep adding
thousands of $ to as time goes on.

    Juanita
      Take a peek at "Window washer? it'll do all that index.dat stuff and
more..The .dbx files that all have
the same size are most likely the generic normal folders required for OE to
run. if you del'ed ALL of them, by
mistake, OE will rebuild the ones it needs...
      HTH,
      Bruce

        Bruce does this program prevent you from getting spam?
        I have MailWasher but I don't think it helps at all. I have read on
three different sites that when
you bounce the messages it only alerets them that your address is for real.
Howard doesn't agree but I am
inclined to believe it because it is your address that is bouncing not your ISP.

        Anyone here use PopPeeper.

        Juanita

        ---