[triadtechtalk] Re: Consistent crashes W-98

  • From: Cuffy10@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 18:10:04 EST

jstrain1@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> seem reasonable? Or poppycock ?

I'm sure there is a helluva lot of pinging going on but what are they looking
for? I'm using a dialup connection and in ten years nobody ever dropped in to
say hello. Chuck is right...... using cable or DSL, 24/7, I might be more
concerned but at the moment I'm not the least bit worried.
Did anyone break into your machine before you added the firewall? If they
find an open port what then? The pinging has been going on since Gore
invented the internet and with the speed of communications that we enjoy
today surely I would have heard something, from somebody, at some time, on
some list or some newsfeed, if somebody had been damaged by that pinging.

It's spring time and a yellow jacket has been pinging my patio doors, my
windows, the screen door for the front door, the screen door for the side
yard and every pane of glass in the shop. It's looking for a home and not out
looking for trouble. Ping and be damned, I'm too busy to care. If it finds a
home that invades my home only one of us will have a home. And I have the can
of Raid !

That's my story and I'm sticking to it !

<G>

joe

joe