[triadtechtalk] Fw: Re: Consistent crashes W-98

  • From: "The Prusik's at Bunkered Inn" <79erkilo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 22:39:41 -0600

Sorry guys!
    I just got a response from the guy who is having the problem and here it is:

In a message dated 4/1/03 12:48:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
79erkilo@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
     What are the specific messages that pop up when your computer crashes?  Or
is it just the blue screen of death?  Does the computer lock up?  What happens
exactly...

When I boot the computer, it does not complete the boot.  It just stops, at
various points in the booting process, and it freezes up.  I always get past
the security box to the Windows start up screen, but that's it.  No error
messages or pop ups.  The computer just locks up.

When I am online, my screen goes black, not blue, and all I have is the very
bottom of the tool bar visible on the bottom of the screen.  The entire screen
is black and the computer is locked up.

In either instance, I just turn the computer off and sit here while the
computer screws with my head.  I turn it off and on over and over until it
completes the booting process.  I know this is doing damage to the hard drive,
but at this point I just don't care.

Bill