[triadtechtalk] Re: Consistent crashes W-98

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 17:08:33 EST

In a message dated 4/1/2003 3:56:41 PM Central Standard Time,
jstrain1@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> seem reasonable? Or poppycock ?

more than reasonable... and if you use dial up it doesnt show up so very much
as sites  that you conect to are usally of short duration... but using dsl or
cable.. its a 24/7 deal if you leave the system on... and probes can and will
find you. What most people find hard to accept is the fact it sint that they
have valuable info on their pc, but that all the hacker wants to do is rpove
to himself he can do it by messing over your pc. It is a twisted sense of
pride of accomplishment. As to if you shoud or should not use a firewall....
old saying goes "better safe than sorry"   I think right now the fight about
using or not using a firewall has detryed this thered whcih was Doona's
frined with problems on windows varied crashes.... DONNA!!!!!!! rescue us
with info please so we can get back on topic and hopefully the fight for or
aginst friewalls will go to another thread so that us who do use one can
delete that useless argument.     btw... since am now with dsl I have a
hardware firewall that is built into my  networking system... and have now
stopped using a software firewall..................Chuck... in Ok