[triadtechtalk] Re: Consistent crashes W-98

  • From: Cuffy10@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:22:38 EST

jstrain1@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I have had no security problems and no trojans and have been using the=
> 'puter easily 6 hours a day
>
> I Like Sygate...it's idiot proff and throws no curves. With XP, using two=
> other free Firewalls, I couldnt get OUT... ZoneAlarm and Outpost caused me=
> a lottta grief till I decided to conclude BOTH newly installed firewalls=
> were the problem
>
> Yodar

A remarkable record Yodar. It's reminiscent of Georgie Goebel's experience
during World War II. For those not familiar with Geogie, he was a comedian,
and appeared frequently on the old Johnny Carson show. On one occassion he
explained that he had been trained as a fighter pilot, assigned to Enid,
Oklahoma and spent the entire war protecting Oklahoma from the Japanese.
When Johnny remarked that the Japanese never got anywhere near Oklahoma,
Georgie explained that that was testimony to his skill as a fighter pilot.

I pretty much equate your experience with a firewall to Georgies's experience
with his fighter plane.

I too have never had a trojan or a virus and have never used a firewall.
Exposure? It's not uncommon for this machine to be running 16 hrs. a day.
And I'm not in Enid, Oklahoma, (thankfully !).
<G>

joe