[TN-Bird] Re: Upcoming NTOS Field Trip

  • From: "Chloe Walker" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "chloebelle119@yahoo" for DMARC)
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 23:35:11 +0000 (UTC)

FYI...
Some of you (especially non-facebookers) might be concerned that the Blue Goose
Loop at Duck River is still closed. It was recently re-opened, but periodic
closures might still occur.
Chloe WalkerMurfreesboro, TN

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 5:52 PM, Chloe Walker
<chloebelle119@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Nashville Chapter of the Tennessee Ornithological Society will be birding
the Tennessee National Wildlife Refuge--Duck River Unit this Saturday, August
15. Nashville residents may choose to meet at the Bellevue Park and Ride at
exit 196 off I-40 in Nashville at 7:00 AM, where we will then carpool to New
Johnsonville. If you are interested in going straight to New Johnsonville,
please be at the strip mall at the corner of Long Street and Highway 70 at 8:30
AM. Please note that the road to Pintail Blind is closed for the season.
Throughout the remaining open areas of the refuge we will find numerous herons
and egrets, American White Pelicans, terns, and more. Shorebirds are a
possibility, though it has been dry lately. This outing will likely last into
the early afternoon. Bring a scope if you have one, as well as lunch and plenty
of water. It will be hot!
Hope to see you then!
Chloe WalkerMurfreesboro, TN