[TN-Bird] Upcoming NTOS Field Trip

  • From: "Chloe Walker" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "chloebelle119@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:43:55 +0000 (UTC)

 Hello birders,
The NTOS will be starting off 2015 with a field trip to the Pace Point/Britton
Ford area this Saturday, January 31st. Birders who are interested in carpooling
to Big Sandy should meet promptly at 6:00 AM at the Bellevue Park and Ride,
exit 196, in Nashville. If you would rather go straight to Big Sandy, please
meet our group at the convenience store at the corner of Highway 69A and Main
Street (13700 Highway 69A, Big Sandy, TN 38221) at 8:00 AM. Mike Todd, who many
of you know as an exceptional birder, will be leading us.
Waterfowl, loons, and grebes are abundant on the lake, and gulls won't be
missed. Recent reports of Golden Eagles should be something to look forward to!
Wintering songbirds and sparrows also frequent the area. And of course, it is
not out of the question to pick up an unusual bird or two.
Please bring a scope, if you have one, as much of our birding will be focused
on the water. This outing will likely last most of the day, so pack a lunch and
drinks as needed. We encourage you to join us...it should be a fantastic day!
If you have any questions, contact me at chloebelle119@xxxxxxxxx. Also, take a
peek at the newly-launched Tennessee Birding Trails website!
Chloe WalkerMurfreesboro, TNwww.chloesbirdingblog.blogspot.com