[TN-Bird] Radnor Lake, Nashville, TN

  • From: Frank Fekel <fekel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 12:18:21 -0500 (CDT)

Monday morning was wonderfully cool at Radnor Lake.  Bird numbers
have changed signifiantly since last Thursday and Friday.  The so
abundant TENNESSEE and BLACKPOLL WARBLERs of late last week were
almost completely gone.  There were still a few SWAINSON'S THRUSHes
about and I saw one GRAY-CHEEKED THRUSH.  I heard or saw 9 warbler
species, the most numerous were MAGNOLIA and PALM.  One singing
adult male AMERICAN REDSTART and my first CANADA WARBLER of the
spring were enjoyable.  NO CONNECTICUT or MOURNING WARBLERs were
heard or seen.  Instead the best bird was a YELLOW-BELLIED
FLYCATCHER just before Long Bridge, a place where they are
typically seen at Radnor.

Frank Fekel
Tennessee State University
Center of Excellence in Information Systems
330 10th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37203  USA