[THIN] Re: Windows 2003 SP1

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:52:25 -0700

Well, Citrix and TS are generally considered disposable servers.  A rebuild
of the Citrix servers (atleast for the companies I work with) is quite
simple.  It's actually easier for us to add/replace a component in our
scripts and redeploy than it is to "Upgrade" and clean up the aftermath.

I know it seems rediculous to want to have a "clean" install of the OS and
ServicePack vs just installing the ServicePack later on,  but it's a problem
that Microsoft created for themselves.  Simply look at Microsoft's history
of Service Packs w/ Terminal Server and you'll understand why.  W2K SP2, SP3
and SP4 all have had major issues and there are reports of W2K3 SP1 having
some issues...  I switched to the "clean" install concept with W2K Sp3 and
have great success with it.

Joe