[THIN] Re: TS Licensing

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 21:02:45 +1100

Hi,

There's a version of the Wyse formware that had this problem (4.2.x).

A firmware downgrade, or upgrade to 4.2.052 (latest?) may be in order.

Another albeit less likely possibility is a corrupt TS CAL record in
Metaframe.

Metaframe brokers TS CAL licenses for non-win2k systems. Under
HKLM\Software\Citrix\MSLicensing there are a number of nucket* keys that
contain a citrix client to TS CAL reference. These key contents appear to be
replicated between all servers in a farm. If there's a corrupt entry, things
break.

Cleaning it up requires deleting keys under mslicensing for all the servers
in a farm, otherwise the "corrupt" value can just keep replicating back.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx