[THIN] Re: TS Licensing

  • From: "Jim Medeiros" <jmedpc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:50:22 -0400

thank you, Greg.  I'll check it out.

Jim
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Greg Reese
  To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 10:37 AM
  Subject: [THIN] Re: TS Licensing

  you won't see per user licenses get handed out.  for per user, it just checks
that a valid licenses server is there and that's the end of it.  The downisde
is that if that server goes down, users can't connect where with a per device,
if the server is down but the device has a valid token, it's good to go.

  There's a good write up about TS Licensing at msterminalservices.org by
Michael Burke

http://www.msterminalservices.org/articles/Terminal-Server-License-Service-Discovery-Part1.html

  On 7/30/07, Jim Medeiros <jmedpc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Great question.  The old TS Lic server was setup with per device licenses.
We converted our licenses to per user and installed the per user on the new lic
server.  I just noticed that we have given out 2 temporary per device lic
recently on the new server.

    Thanks!

    Jim