[THIN] TS Licensing

  • From: "Christine Allen" <CAllen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:25:34 -0500

Hi all!

I'm running a 2003 standard TS server in application mode.  We have a
licensing server that has the cals installed and is currently supporting
another server.

The new TS server does not seem to see the licensing server and I keep
getting Event ID 1009 warnings that the 120 period is about to expire.
I've tried setting it to both auto discovery and pointing it to the
licensing server, but I'm still getting the errors.

The only information I was able to find was
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885013

In my case, both conditions apply so I tried it and am awaiting the
results.  In the meantime I thought I would check to see if anyone knew
of a way I could definitely tell if the TS server can now receive
licenses.  Thanks.

Regards,

Christine Allen, MCSE

Engineer II