[THIN] System Back-up solution.

  • From: "Doug Rooney" <Doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 10:24:24 -0700

Greetings all.

We currently have DLT VS1 tape back-up as well as USB 2.0 connected
external drives.

We are using Backup Exec for the tapes and custom batch programs for the
external drives, which by the way are connected on a separate back-up
server.

Our tapes are old and have many failures, upper management has decided
to abandon tapes and go only with external drives.

My question is, has anyone done this? What software do you use, Pros /
Cons.

The problem I am experiencing now is in order to back-up the data bases,
I need to take them off-line.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

(Exchange 2003, Windows 2003(multiple), one set of external drives are
500GB the other is 250GB)

Thank You

~Doug Rooney
Sonoma Tilemakers