[THIN] Re: System Back-up solution.

  • From: "Mark Oliver" <Mark.Oliver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 09:13:52 +1200

Use Commvault
________________________________
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Doug Rooney
Sent: Tuesday, 8 June 2010 5:24 a.m.
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] System Back-up solution.

Greetings all.

We currently have DLT VS1 tape back-up as well as USB 2.0 connected external
drives.

We are using Backup Exec for the tapes and custom batch programs for the
external drives, which by the way are connected on a separate back-up server.

Our tapes are old and have many failures, upper management has decided to
abandon tapes and go only with external drives.

My question is, has anyone done this? What software do you use, Pros / Cons.

The problem I am experiencing now is in order to back-up the data bases, I need
to take them off-line.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

(Exchange 2003, Windows 2003(multiple), one set of external drives are 500GB
the other is 250GB)

Thank You
~Doug Rooney
Sonoma Tilemakers
IT Manager
7750 Bell Rd.
Windsor Ca, 95492
it@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:it@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Mgate3.telecom.co.nz made the following annotations
This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient, you should not read it - please contact me immediately,
destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of this communication or disclose
anything about it. Thank you. Please note that this communication does not
designate an information system for the purposes of the Electronic Transactions
Act 2002.