[THIN] Re: RDP Vs. ICA Client

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 14:05:03 -0400

To contrast RDP and ICA...on print jobs you have a built-in choice on
ICA (with MFXP FR2 and later) to limit bandwidth used by printing.
There isn't a native ability to do this in RDP. Though with a traffic
shaper you could make it work.

>>> steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 9/1/2004 11:18:27 AM >>>
Keep in mind that the interactive ICA is fairly low bandwidth and
pretty
bursty, it is printing and file acess which hogs the pipe, it would be
interesting the run the same tests adding print jobs and local drive
access....

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453