[THIN] Re: RDP Vs. ICA Client

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:05:10 +0100

No, Citrix is very useful if you need it's feature set. What I do with
my clients is fairly simple (Full Desktops, low granualrity of
applications, no 'publishing'), so 95% of what Citrix does I don't need.
(And I use Tricerat for printing).

*But*, what a lot of other people (Including, I think, most on this
list) do is more complex, and needs Citrix. Some people, I am sure, are
still using Citrix because they always have, and haven't had an
opportunity to evaluate whether 2K3 fits their current needs instead.

I've never looked at Citrix because I don't need it - never used it,
don't plan to, and from the complexities described on this list, am very
glad I don't! But lots of others do need it and will contniue to do so.

Nick

  _____