[THIN] Re: RDP Vs. ICA Client

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:59:09 -0400

I think we have cooler heads here then most lists.

Having said that... it's marshmallow time :)

Not sure of the logic behind resistance to open source software.

Enterprises and their vendors (HP, IBM, Sun, etc) all have embraced it
to a large degree. So there is certainly support for it beyond a few
techno-geeks.

Most use open source software and even operating systems and a few  may
not even realize it.    Freelists.org for example uses Linux, Apache,
PHP and OpenSSL. Everytime you Google (Linux) or Yahoo (FreeBSD) you use
it.

How many here use VNC or one of it's many children?  How many think
because it's open source, they shouldn't use it? How many would rather
pay over $100 USD for PCAnywhere to get the same (or less)
functionality?

I just don't see the sense in ignoring it.

>>> nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 8/31/2004 11:21:54 AM >>>
Now, on most lists, that'd be a signal to get the marshmallows out,
sit
back and relax.:)

  _____