[THIN] Re: RDP Vs. ICA Client

  • From: "Tony Lyne" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:23:11 +1200

Don't forget the other options.

The Metaframe family of products even though may cost a few $$$ initially,
usually will allow for growth into the web portal space a lot easier than a
Microsoft Terminal Services/WTS Gateway type solution.

We run into the argument with clients here a lot, wether to spend the extra $$$
on citrix or just go to terminal services, Some cases there's no justification
for citrix (As the site may be a small site with no growth planned) , but if
the sites growing and growth in the future is expected (especially into the web
portal space securely and easily) Citrix may be a better solution.

Just remember that MF is only 1 of Citrix products and it then allows you to
get into another whole range of other solutions.

Tony Lyne

Senior Systems Engineer

Computerland Central

P O Box 1470

PALMERSTON NORTH

Telephone (+64) 06 3537300

Facsimile (+64) 06 3566800

Mobile (+64) 0274 720696

E-mail Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Internet http://www.computerland.co.nz <http://www.computerland.co.nz/>

CAUTION: This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain information that
is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify me immediately and delete all material pertaining to
this e-mail. Thank you.

  _____