[THIN] Re: OT interview

  • From: "Jim Kerr" <jim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 00:22:37 -0500

I have found that often you can get some GREAT engineers if you don't have
the you must have all your certs mentality.  Often to many employers require
this when we all know there is a huge difference between an engineer who has
taken and passed the tests with no real world experience and an engineer who
has real world experience but not taken any tests.  In fact there is a user
here that posts often that I hired at a previous employer.  He had real
world experience.  I asked him if he had a problem taking a test or two by a
certain date.  He said no so he was hired.  He was one of our best engineers
and required no supervision.  We would send him out to accounts and found
that he was always dependable.

My 3 cents.

Jim