[THIN] Re: OT interview

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:55:58 -0600

My favorite was showing up for an interview, doing the normal stuff,
then getting tech'ed. All went well. I then went to lunch with the VP of
Engineering and the VP of Sales. (It was a pre-sales engineering slot
looking for someone to do presales and some field work)

Anyway I get called a couple of days later and told that everyone was
really pleased and think we would be a good fit. I just need to come in
for the final part of the interview process...

This FINAL PART included a timed test for math, reasoning and spatial
ability skills, then after I completed that with a great score they
dumped the PERSONALITY TEST on me..

Well when they get that back they find that I have PEGGED the
aggressiveness scale (no, couldn't happen right?). Anyway even though
everything else went great I was informed that I did not fit their
engineering staff profile/mold and that I was "too aggressive" for their
company (for a pre-sales slot?). In confidence I was told this was based
on the personality test and none of the interviews....

Cool huh? I still hold a grudge against that company and they are now a
competitor of mine :-0

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
Microsoft MVP, Windows Server=20