[THIN] Re: (resent) users dropped with Protocol Driver Error - after 3 minutes fo connection

  • From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 00:52:20 -0500

Sounds like it could be a problem with your NIC card \ drivers.  Are you
running 10 \ half on the nic and 100 \ full on the switch?  or 10 \ half
and auto \ auto?  Try running 100 \full on both.

Make sure NIC's are firmwared and driver'ed up (new term there....)

Check WINS \ DNS \ SNM \ GW settings to ensure consistency.

You stated that only some users have this problem...elaborate more here.

Do you have 20 sites and only 1 site has this problem?  Is it
intermittent across all sites?

If all are fine and 1 site sometimes has this error amongst various PC's
at that particular site then I'd say that it's definately something in
their LAN.  Maybe try switching out the router \ switch \ hub, check any
firewalls, routing tables, etc...