[THIN] Re: OT interview

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:26:18 -0000

Personally speaking, I'm more inclined to question a techies ability to
be able to solve something, rather than merely testing their memory.

There's nothing more I find tedious, when being interviewed, that being
questioned over whether I can remember a particular command line switch,
or whether I can remember exactly the use of a GUI and what menu options
would be required, type questions. That, or being questioned on very
specific faults, and whether you can be caught out by the question.

I'd be more interested in their understanding, their ability to be able
to think on their feet, adaptability, and how they would go about
solving a problem.

Memory is just memory - I'm more interested in whether somebody has the
ability to actually adapt, respond and learn.

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.

This weeks sponsor Vizioncore, Inc.
--> vc-iMonitor - Performance Monitoring, Control & Reporting
--> vc-iControl - Desktop & Start Menu Management & Reporting
--> vc-iMapper - Drive, Printer & COM Management & Reporting
http://vizioncore.com/products.html