[THIN] Re: 1000 MS Office users on Citrix

  • From: "Berny Stapleton" <berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:32:25 +0000

Fair enough then.

I presume you would replace the desktops with thin clients as they fail?

I would consider trying to consolidate the farms if possible, and I
would also be doing some testing on 64-bit Windows 2003 and Office. In
my experience, it's never been a case of running out of CPU with
Office users, it's always hitting the 4GB memory limit.

Printing will obviously need to get addressed and looked after, but if
you are just looking at consolidating your environment, it certainly
sounds plausible.

Berny