[THIN] Re: 1000 MS Office users on Citrix

  • From: "Jim Kenzig ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:28:28 -0500

We do it at the library I work for. There are a thousand users, rarely are
there that many logged on though. We average about 250 at any given time.
We run shifts and users share workstations with a standard desktop. Profiles
and users files are all stored a central location making backup immensely
eaiser.
You just need a large enough raid array. We also offer Outlook to all our
users via Citrix.  While you are at it you could set up Citrix Secure
Gateway/WI and allow you to let your users work from home(or anywhere they
could an internet connection) if you wanted that.
JK

--
Jim Kenzig
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services