[techtalk] Re: AGP GFX card ?

  • From: "Gary Colville" <ramtop@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:15:32 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Ferguson" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2007 3:05 PM
Subject: [techtalk] AGP GFX card ?

The end plan is to replace my CRT`s with TFT`s (probably 2 x 20") and
run 2 Eve accounts, each with it`s own monitor. I`ve done this with a rather
cheap and nasty GeForce 6200 256Meg and 2 x 17" TFT`s but the frame rates
are lower than I`d like.

Eve doesn't stress the GPU very much, but it does love memory bandwidth if you're running at high resolutions. A 7800GS would do the business very nicely, I think there are a few available for about £100 if you hunt about.

Gary

..and greetings to fellow Eve addicts. my main is 'Bombcrater' :)