[TechAssist] troubleshooting HDMI input problems with no HDMI equipped sig-gens?

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 10:25:03 -0400

A local shop I know is going out to a call on a new PTV, customer says
the HDMI inputs don't work.
We both have the Sencore sig gens, his is the VP300, mine the VP301
(mine has a cable/RF connector added) Our gens output with  the
composite, and component video outputs and have no HDMI.
Really, there seems no real need for the HDMI outputs to align, since we
can get the HD signal into the TV  VIA the other available
output(component video). But I guess we at least need to basically
verify if the HDMIs works. Suggestions? carry a small "HDMI" equipped
DVD player? Is there a small basic sig gen with HDMI for a decent price?
Adaptors?
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader