[TechAssist] Re: Need refresher on RCA EEPROM replacing...]

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:15:07 -0800

I can buy preprogrammed generic eeproms.  The data is taken from a
working set and may or may not work perfectly with a particular set.  I
have used the PP ones many times and have found the tuner parameters to
be very close to the ones found in the bad eeprom.  I have also found
that if a set is dead because of the eeprom, then the procedure of using
the socket only works about half the time because all the data is
corrupted.

There also is a way to set the tuner parameters by monitoring pin 12 on
LA7610.  You then use the Electronic Tuner Alignment Parameters chart to
set the TV to each channel in the chart.  Then you adjust the parameter
to the lowest voltage at pin 12.  Watch the picture as well.  I have
used this method twice now as I don't repair enough RCA's to warrant
buying a chipper checker.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada