[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi VS-60703

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 07:21:44 -0400

Jeff,

If you are going to seal it right, you have to take it apart.  It is rarely
necessary on these sets to bother.  The sets almost never continue to leak.
We watch them for a couple of days to be sure and gutter them just in case.
We use two 1 inch angle molding placed under the point between the
green/blue and green/red CRTs and tied to the springs that hold the frame
for the coolant chamber to the tube.  Angle them so that any coolant drains
to the bottom of the set in front of the boards.  If we see any coolant
after running it through a few thermal cycles for a couple of days we reseal
the tube and refill it.

The bigger problem on these sets is the signal board.  The coolant gets in
the feed-throughs on the board and eats them up.  You have to wash the board
really well and if the coolant got under IC700 (IIRCthat is the one that
usually gets it) you may need to remove it to repair the connections through
the board.  Be very careful as the board and the chip are NLA because Mits
always recommended replacement rather than repair.

We have done lots of these.  Contact me if you need more info.

Leonard Caillouet
Electronics World
1261 NW 76 Blvd
Gainesville, FL 32606