[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi DVD/VCR

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:05:26 -0500

Thats silly! The servicer is not going to get paid any more for replacing
the A/C head for labor, even though it could take 15 minutes to properly
adjust it. So they put in extra labor that they are not going to get paid
for. And the head is just a few dollar item so what would be the point of
cheating on that? Also Hitachi could ask for proof of purchase of the part
or even ask that the part be sent to them for inspection. The manufacturers
analyze the claims sent from their ASCs for anomalies in parts or labor and
when they see a suspicious pattern they have their field rep drop in and ask
questions and pick up warranty parts. They do that anyway on a random basis
just to make sure nobody has figured out a way to beat the system. Once in a
while they even run a sting warranty repair if they are suspicious.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609