[TechAssist] Re: Ghost 2001 users?

  • From: "OrpheusComputing.com Repair" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 10:39:32 -0600

Al, You never want to compress a HD, that can slow it down
tremendously.  The backup can be compressed on a CD, and as
many CD's as you need can be used when you use 'spanning'.
However I attempted this with MS Backup that is with win98,
and that ridiculous program never prompted for the 2nd CD!
It just stopped, said 'an unexpected error has occurred'
(duuuhhhh, like how many ARE expected!) and said 'media is
full', then it the program shut down.  So that ruined one CD
so far.  I will give Take Two a shot as well as Ghost.

Thanks for all the info on this guys (Gary, Jim, John [are
you joking?], Quenton, Chaz, Richard, Bil, Jay, Barry) I've
just been too busy to reply to any of them or try out any of
them just yet.  Just too busy right now.  :-)
-Clint

God Bless Us All &
Happy New Year
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://OrpheusComputing.com
http://ComputerHardware-ConsumerElectronics.com
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fax: 209-882-9602
TechAssist Administration
http://tech-assist.org
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
4orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (alternates)
orpheuscomputing@xxxxxxxxx
(PLEASE include our previous correspondence
if replying to this email!!)