[TechAssist] Re: Average VCR repair ticket?

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:18:21 -0500

And it makes you feel good.
I have several seniors. Very nice, appreciative ones. Could be my aunts
or uncles. Once a month I have to go across town (usually on my "lunch
hour) and set his VCR timed recording for his favorite show. he always
insists on paying me something, usually generous, tho.
Back to the issue: If anyone "looks" at me about 25.00 VCR fees, or
50.00 or so VCR labor, or "can you save my little PC speaker system?" I
usually say " well, we must base out fees and labors not only on what
you need us to work on, but more importantly, what I must set aside (A
big screen,etc) to do it.
Shelfing a projection TV, or 35" TV to repair a remote...etc.
Phil Bader

Ed Gaidies wrote:

>I got a dear old lady like that...every time her power goes off the TV
>reverts to Ant. (Up to Ch13 only) she refuses to learn how to bring it
>back through her Menu. She only lives 3 blocks away, so it's not far.
>She always gives me $2 for my effort. She doesn't drive, so she has no
>concept of gas prices, she doesn't work, so she has no concept of
>wages. The only reason I do it...she's the same age as my Mother, and
>they could be twins. Makes me feel good...too.
>
>-Ed-
>Ed Gaidies
>Tel-Tek Electronics
>Ontario-Canada
>teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>teltek@xxxxxxxxx
>
>On 17-Dec-04, at 7:35 AM, John @ Myers TV wrote:
>

>>Maybe a little off-topic, but When I read Jeff's reply below, it
>>reminded me
>>of this.
>>A senior came in yesterday with a broken electric blanket controller.
>>One
>>piece inside needed epoxied. I quoted $5-$10. She got a look of shock
>>on her
>>face, like I had asked for her first-born.
>>I guess she had intended to give me a shiny new quarter.
>>
>>John Myers
>>Myers TV Service Company
>>376 E. State St.
>>Alliance, OH 44601
>>Phone (Voice & Fax) (330) 821-6545
>>myers_tv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>www.myerstv.net

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx