[TechAssist] Re: Average VCR repair ticket

  • From: Ed Gaidies <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 07:02:21 -0500

I will do VCR's over 8 years old....mainly to use up my existing parts
in stock.
        If it needs an idler, and I have an idler...it gets an idler.
VCR's with plastic tops, with two little screws golding the cover get
no service from me.
        I seem to have no trouble convincing my older and regular customers to
invest $65 in having the old one repaired, minus Video Heads or major
parts. I also feel it's an honest evaluation. If I have to clear my old
stock at a discount, and get the Labor..is better then throwing it out
2 years down the road.

-Ed-
Ed Gaidies
Tel-Tek Electronics