[TechAssist] Re: 19 inch portables

  • From: "Keith Trumbla" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:05:49 -0500

We still get 19's and 20's because we fix them so damm cheap. I have gotten
a "conscience" about the environment and all the stuff going into the
landfill. Drives me nuts thinking about all the phosphor and chemicals
getting buried. I fix 19" and 20" for about $60.00 plus parts. Most of the
time we get the job unless it is really major (CRT, Tuner or cracked board)
even flybacks are a go-ahead with the cheap generics. Being in Canada helps
because new 19" TV's are still about $140-150 to replace. But we have to be
able to fix them in an Hr or less or we don't bother.
Keith Trumbla
BEM Electronics
Suite 212-530 Century St.
Winnipeg Canada