[TechAssist] Re: 19 inch portables

  • From: larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:04:36 -0400

I agree with you Phil.
I dont know exactly how to explain the psychology of this, but
i find the customer likes the gamble.
to invest 15 bucks hoping to repair for 50 rather than 150.
and some times they win and some times they loose.
but i win a little, every time.
also if they invest 15 they will not give up as easily on a
higher estimate, as they would if they had nothing invested.
at least that is the way it seems in my area.
they gamble 15 and i gamble an hour of time.
so they may loose 15, but i also may loose and only make 15
per hour.
15 for 20 inch and 30 for 30 inch here.
if i had absolutely nothing to do, i may work for nothing, but
thank God i am not there yet.
Just my thoughts,
Larry

--