[TechAssist] Re: 19 inch portables

  • From: Jay <jhk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:34:40 -0400

Phil,
The last 19 inch set I fixed came in many months ago and is still here
with a 49.95 price tag on it. The person that brought it in did not have
the deposit money on her (so she said)so I never even got that. I fixed
it anyway and now cannot even sell it. The 25 and larger business is
still good. Shops here all closing down except for a few. Maybe the
economy is so good here all are buying new? It just feels strange for
the sudden stop on all 19 inch repairs after doing so many over the years
  I charge a flat 20.00 deposit on all 27 and under sets and 50.00 on
all larger sets. The deposit is the best way to go by far. I used to
give free estimates... until I finally came to my senses and realized
the estimate in most cases is the hardest part of the repair. I can hand
the parts to anyone and let them put them in but it takes work to
determine what parts will do the job properly.
   .
Jay Jay.s TV
Clarksburg, WV