[TCUG] Re: Sector 8

  • From: Dick Andrews <dick.andrews@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 15:35:35 +0100

I accept that specific sites can be more "dangerous" than others.
Nevertheless as a generalisation I would suggest that the matrix rating is
because the severity of an incident can be high - but the risk is small. You
are not likely to be struck by a vehicle when working on the footway, most
LA staff should not need to access 240v. Those who need to isolate equipment
will have an OC20 certificate from the REC. Those who need access to the
highway to test loops etc will have carried out a risk assessment and taken
appropriate precautions. I was not for one moment suggesting that there is
no need to carry out a risk assessment and to adopt risk minimisation.

Dick

http://www.devon.gov.uk/email.shtml