[TCUG] Pedestrian Crossing Bleepers

  • From: "Smith, John C (Carlisle)" <JohnC.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:32:52 +0100

One or two people living near to pedestrian crossings have complained to me
about bleepers "going off all night".
In one case the bleepers are switched off by the time clock at 23:00 until
07:30 so they clearly do not bleep all night.
I know that this is an old problem, but it started me thinking about the old
question of if we should be turning off bleepers at all.
I know that in some parts of Birmingham, Hereford and Worcester a large
number of blind people use the streets at all times. This probably applies
to many parts of the country and these people have a reasonable right to
expect signals to work to the same specification at all times.
I would like to know what other people do about turning of bleepers at
night.
Does anyone know of any guidance from the HA or anyone else about this.

John Smith

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com