[talks-uk] Re: The Beyo Reader

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:55:35 -0000

Steve -

Spent quite a bit of time with it today, and can now get it to scan, it was a bit unclear that I needed to keep making slight adjustments to my phone's position, until I positioned it such that all bleeps stopped, then it took the picture. I also had to discover that rather than a few seconds, it needed about 25 seconds before the voice began reading.

My findings are that while it is quite useful for such things as bits of post, it is pretty useless when it comes to scanning the page of a book. I'd say then that it is probably useful for single sheet reading of info or notices, but too hit and miss for more serious scanning; all that's probably reflected in it's price, but probably doesn't produce good enough results to make me buy it.

Andy