[talks-uk] Re: Nokia C5 and FM Radio

  • From: "DurDevil" <durdevil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 17:46:56 +0100

Hi

yes on some phones this will happen because Talks and another audio application
is fighting for the audio channel, the Talks developer can program for this in
many areas e.g music player or profiles area  but because the radio app is so
different on each phone thanks to Nokia!  It is not always possible or wise to
program for this as a default in Talks.

you can mute Talks or you can try changing the audio priority for Talks for the
Radio - to do this go into radio, then do Talks key plus a long press of key1
to bring up talks settings and select application specific settings..... In
there choose audio priority and change it and save and exit.....

Hope this helps

cheers

Pete

From: "Pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 14:11:24 +0100

Hi Carol and Everyone

Thanks for writing.

Does the phone network make a difference?  I am trying to listen
to FM.  I
believe Talks is interfering with the radio output, but I could
be wrong.

When I first opened the radio I was connected to a site where I
could select
my area of the country and it would find all the stations.  I
selected
Newcastle and it automatically searched for 12 stations.  I have
not yet
been able to hear them.  I can scroll them, they are all named.

If anyone has any thoughts, I would be interested.

Pele