[talks-uk] Re: Nokia C5 and FM Radio

  • From: "DurDevil" <durdevil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 12:28:12 +0100

Hi

The audio priority should switch the priorities around i.e. if two things are
fighting for the same audio channel then one has to win and have dominance,
Talks is winning over radio in this instance so changing the audio priority
should switch that and ideally give the radio priority. This normally then
still allows Talks to speak and after a few seconds of you not making any Talks
commands causing Talks speech the radio should then start to fade in.

You could manually mute Talks with Talks key plus clear key and even set an app
specific setting for Talks in the Radio application so Talks is muted - the
same way that I advised how to change the audio priority as an app specific
setting.

The audio priority should be the answer though, this is how I got it working on
both my N95 8GB and my N97 and is exactly what this Talks feature is designed
for...... However I have not seen any testing confirm this on the C5 so
unfortunately cannot confirm that the C5 radio has been made to work with Talks
running...... Maybe others might have tried it and will comment..... But
theoretically if Talks is the cause of it not working then some of these ideas
should work.

Cheers

Pete