Re: [steem] the dreaded Sysex

  • From: "Steem Authors" <steem@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Steem Discussion" <steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 21:29:10 -0000

Hi,

> This slow speed option does the trick.  I hadn't noticed that before.

It's quite a new feature, I didn't think of using it for something like
this.

> The synth receives the dump request message, and the software receives the
> data without timing out.  Great!
>
> Only one thing, though.  There is more data than the software is
expecting,
> so the data gets all garbled up.  I've tried with MIARS and MOARS with the
> same result.

It might be that the synth doesn't send the data at full speed so the
program finds it okay on a real ST. Unfortunately because it is buffered
first Steem sends it to the program as quickly as possible. I will add some
options to the next version to allow you to slow down MIDI input, could fix
the problem.

> I'm really not sure about how to use command line options.  Can I specify
> them from a shortcut to a snapshot file as in:
>
> "C:\Steem\Auto.sts" MIARS MOARS

If that is:

Steem.exe "C:\Steem\Auto.sts" MIARS MOARS

Then that's fine. If you are trying to open the Auto.sts file so it loads up
in Steem then unfortuntately that won't work, these options will be
toggleable in the GUI for the next version to save you all these problems.

HTH,
Russ

Steem - http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/