[sonarblindbeta] Re: sonar blind keep waiting for the next release

  • From: Chris Belle <chrisbelle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sonarblindbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 12:53:25 -0500

Well, some things like the hsc stuff is definitely not.

And I've already had some menus mis-fire in the core scripts themselves,
so that made me think maybe he was using some positional information in places he couldn't do anything else.

Sometimes you have no choice.

On 5/6/2015 12:48 PM, Kevin Gibbs wrote:

I believe John told me that his solution is screen independent.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 6, 2015, at 12:46 PM, Chris Belle <chrisbelle@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok just had somemore thoughts about programming, issues some common sense
things that maybe
nobody's thought about yet.

C t relies heavily on
making sure that certain things are always exactly the same on everyone's
system.

they do registry changes, and using screen lay-outs,
and other particulars that make sure that if you have to do any positional
things and can't grab an object or control by name,
that it will always be there, and not some other menu that happened to slide
over just because you clicked cordinates x125 y 250.
or what ever it is.

It's not good to lock people in to a certain screen set when working with other
sighted people, but i think at the level our access technology is at, and I'm
asking here as well as pondering, is it good enough that we can search for
things, and
find them based on other factors that we don't have to do this anymore, or can
we achieve much better results by locking down certain things

For instance, we can grab the children of a track, and see what they are,
but if they move position on the grid, ie, the volume field moves or the track
grid gets changed in another way, can we land on this using programatical
values, or is it dependant on a positional thing?

Ct uses a custom
tab order, which makes sure things are positionally where they should be, and I
think the scripts depend on it to accurately move to that location.

I have done macro programs before by knowing if I hit right arrow so many
times, I'd be at a certain place, and scripted a few things for that with
window-eyes to immulate quick movement to different places, but this breaks
down when things move or change, so it always has to be the same.

Now someone on here told me I should be able to press enter in the tracks
children thingy and get dropped out where I expect to be,
on the control I pick.

But since that's not happening, wonder if it's a case of my screen being
different than Johns?

So do we or do we not need to lock down a certain screen set is the new way of
doing things with UI automation good enough that it makes this less an issue
than it was when ct or JSonar was built?

On 5/6/2015 11:50 AM, Chris Belle wrote:
Could we get a quick list of the hot keys for the scripts in one place?

Let's see,
control shift f12 for tracks list.
hit once just says tracks list.
Hit twice brings it up.

Control-shift-f11 for the children of the tracks list, fields and such.
Allows first letter nav to volume and pan and all the usual stuff for track
fielcds, is supposed to dump you out to said field when you hit enter, but
doesn't on mine, for what ever reason.

Control shift o for a bunch of menus and such, a hodge podge of things.

In native sonar mode insert h brings up the track manager, but for the jaws
scripts insert h is a bunch of short cuts.

There was something mentioned about a s menu and a t menu but they don't work
for me.

Anything else I should know about?

On 5/6/2015 5:21 AM, Rishi D Mack wrote:
chris, if you're on a track, press ctrl+shift+f11 to bring up the children for
that track.

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Belle
Sent: Sunday, May 03, 2015 10:30 PM
To: sonarblindbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sonarblindbeta] Re: sonar blind keep waiting for the next release

Well, I got the track list with so many children, but when I arrow right
or left it kicks me back to the regular tracks grid.

On another note, was following along with John's demo and the sends menu
does work, that's nice.

But to access the clips pane, that does not work for me.

When I do control shift l, I get a search thing for ocr or graphics.

I don't get what he gets on the recording.

But at least some of the stuff is working, and being able to use first
letter nav in the tracks list is cool.
to get to different tracks.

On 5/3/2015 8:40 PM, Pradip Chandra Sikdar wrote:

I think, you are in the tracks grid. In that case, press [ ] keys. If you press
control+f12 twice to get the tracks list then, press control+arrow keys to
change values.

On 4 May 2015 6:47:52 am Chris Belle <chrisbelle@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok more strangeness.

I got the tracks list to light up finally for a while in jaws.

Now when I use the control and arrow keys to change volume or pan and
such it moves by one increment value, like going from 127 to 126 but it
says no children, no objects so it's trying to do something else, but
it's looping back around to do the pan function or volume, or what ever
it's own.

On 5/3/2015 8:11 PM, Chris Belle wrote:
Now this is strange.

When ever I fire up jaws, I get some sort of window that says
something like hud fb and nothing will read.

I can fire up window-eyes and dismiss the window and get basic track
navigation, I've gotten things to light up a few times with jaws, but
none of the keys work as expected,
not alt 1 not control shift f12 for tracks list, it is weird.

I have got the resolution set right, I actually had it bigger but I
put it at 1280 by 1024
I know the scripts are loaded because I do insert q and get the blind
sonar deal, so go figure.

but with window-eyes everything lights up.

Well, as much as it can, you know what i mean.

On 5/3/2015 7:44 PM, Chris Belle wrote:
Your our hero John.

On 5/3/2015 3:53 PM, John Martyn DoItBlind wrote:
I have a lot fixed in this next revision, just not ready to send
off
the new stuff.

John