[sonarblindbeta] Re: Sonar blind control surface progress

  • From: Chris Belle <chrisbelle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sonarblindbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:57:00 -0500

I also put my highest praise and regards and encouragement for all the hard work John is doing, it sure is a
beast of a project.

But most good things take time you know.

Look how long ct, and JSonar,
and all the rest took.

On 5/18/2015 9:52 AM, Chris Belle wrote:

I think we can already get to the
event list,
I'll check but was pretty sure I saw that poling around with one of the screen-readers.

It's part of the cwaccesss window thing we've had forever.

On 5/18/2015 8:55 AM, Kevin Gibbs wrote:
Forgot to ask one thing. Will you be able to edit MIDI events using the event list? Also, will it be possible to edit bus automation shapes? Previously, the only automation events we even could find would be in the event list for individual tracks. If you found such an event you could move it in time but could not edit it per se. With respect to bus automation, you couldn't even find it. You could simply remove via the undo command. The ability to have greater control over event automation and bus automation shapes would really be cool.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 18, 2015, at 8:17 AM, John Martyn DoItBlind <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:John@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi all,

As you know I’ve been putting in long hours figuring out this C++ stuff. On the final two files which are the critical part of this, I’ve had to start over 3 times to get it right. Converting things from c code to c++ is not easy and to maintain the code integrity is extremely difficult to do. I’m about 70% complete on the last two files. The code is very complex and was structured in a way that made certain things impossible and I’ve had to create my own code to deal with the issues. This week should be good and I hope to finish before Friday. If you’d like to know, you can control the synths through this thing. You know what this means? You won’t have to fiddle with knobs, sliders, buttons, etc in the plugin window anymore. You’ll do it through a list. Technically this should work as I’ve seen the code and see what it can do so this is just the solution we were looking for. Mixed with the UIA these languages put together in natively working environments are going to put to rest a lot of accessibility concerns. What this control surface can do is far beyond how it was used in the past so this should be interesting to see. Mixed with HSC, UIA, control surface in native C++, and using the com API this thing is going to be a beast of a program. More to come….

John