[sonarblindbeta] Re: Sonar blind control surface progress

  • From: Kevin Gibbs <kevjazz@xxxxxx>
  • To: "sonarblindbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sonarblindbeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 08:47:17 -0500

John,
That's really awesome news. I was wondering if we might hear from you around
now. Keep on truckin'.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone

On May 18, 2015, at 8:17 AM, John Martyn DoItBlind <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,
As you know I’ve been putting in long hours figuring out this C++ stuff. On
the final two files which are the critical part of this, I’ve had to start
over 3 times to get it right. Converting things from c code to c++ is not
easy and to maintain the code integrity is extremely difficult to do. I’m
about 70% complete on the last two files. The code is very complex and was
structured in a way that made certain things impossible and I’ve had to
create my own code to deal with the issues. This week should be good and I
hope to finish before Friday. If you’d like to know, you can control the
synths through this thing. You know what this means? You won’t have to fiddle
with knobs, sliders, buttons, etc in the plugin window anymore. You’ll do it
through a list. Technically this should work as I’ve seen the code and see
what it can do so this is just the solution we were looking for. Mixed with
the UIA these languages put together in natively working environments are
going to put to rest a lot of accessibility concerns. What this control
surface can do is far beyond how it was used in the past so this should be
interesting to see. Mixed with HSC, UIA, control surface in native C++, and
using the com API this thing is going to be a beast of a program. More to
come….
John