[sib-access] Re: importing and printing any imported midi file to sibelius

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 09:50:23 -0800

Lior,

Mea culpa. I could not find a Tips and Tricks file that deals specifically
with preparing a MIDI file for importing into Sibelius.

However quantization in Sonar before converting to MIDI is very important so
that the notes are simplified. Again 16th or 8th notes as a minimum duration
and position will make music easier to read.

I suggest you go to the Sib 5 Reference manual and read section 8.5, which
gives much more good information on how to use the various settings in
Sibelius' Import MIDI dialog. A lot of trial-and-error will eventually get
you what you want.

Latitude E6520, JAWS 14,  and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit