[SI-LIST] Re: package SSN model accuracy requirements, now Behavioral Modeling

  • From: Syed Huq <shuq@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Donald Telian <donaldt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:44:19 -0800

Donald,

Certainly our definitions are different. What you described is what I
would call behavioral modeling. There is a difference and let me explain
with an example:

Let's pick your tool. SpecctraQuest uses this DML scheme(which I call
macromodeling), in practical applications such as ours, we see the tool
choking in many aspects in it's use of macro modeling. Hence I would
like to stay far away from such an approach(macromodeling I mean). Maybe
version 20.x would have it all sovled. I am sure there are 10s of other
application where is excels quite well too.

On the other side, behavioral modeling (atleast again in our
applications) has already proven it's capabilities many times over and I
am more than open to explore further with tools to see how BIRD95 could
be implemented thru "behavioral modeling".

Syed

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org