[SI-LIST] Re: package SSN model accuracy requirements, now Behavioral Modeling

  • From: "C. Kumar" <kumarchi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lgreen22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, donaldt@xxxxxxxxxxx, 'Syed Huq' <shuq@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 03:50:24 -0800 (PST)

lynn:

Your definition makes sense. If we go by that we can
the say the following about "macromodels" written in
spice

1. all spice elements are behavioral elements. They
fundamentally model the current flow; all spice
elements are some form of current sources. As you
point out spice does not have "pure" equations.
Everything has to be behavioral components connected
in a netowork and spice imposes conservation at the
nodes.

2. For our purpose we can say the purpose of
macromodels
is
 a. compactly reproduce the behavior of a complex
device  using a collection of current sources (our
behavioral primitives i.e all the 'elements' available
in a given spice simulator).

 b. like in your example op amp, include "non-ideal"
effects like that may be contained in a post layout
model.

=== message truncated ===

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: